Welcome to Newmarket Folk Society!
We’re back! After more than two and half years we are resuming our concerts at the Newmarket Legion. We have missed seeing all of you and look forward to enjoying live music with you again.
Our 2022/2023 Season Concert Line-up:
- Friday, Nov. 25 – Lennie Gallant
- Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023 – Rick Fines with Alec Fraser and Roly Platt
- Saturday, March 18 – TBD
- Saturday, April 22 – Stephen Fearing
- Saturday, May 27 – Boreal “Songs of Renewal”
Lennie Gallant – The Innkeeper’s Christmas
- Nov. 25, 2022
- 8 p.m., doors open at 7:15 p.m.
- Newmarket Legion, 707 Srigley St.
- Tickets: $40
3 WAYS TO PAY
- Ticketscene* – to purchase online by credit card.
- Etransfer to email@example.com – please include your email address in the comment box (no password/security answer is required).
- Phone Patty McLaughlin at 705.431.7182 to pay by credit card.
* Please note: we’re no longer using Brown Paper Tickets and selling tickets through Ticketscene, a Canadian-owned (Kitchener) online ticketing and event promotion platform
LENNIE GALLANT – THE INNKEEPER’S CHRISTMAS
East Coast singer-songwriter and multi award-winning entertainer Lennie Gallant brings The Innkeeper’s Christmas 2022, a holiday favourite full of his original seasonal songs, Gallant classics, captivating stories, and enchanting visuals in a multimedia presentation to our stage on Nov. 25.
For several years, Gallant has performed new editions of The Innkeeper’s Christmas in Atlantic Canada to sold out crowds. With the release of his first and long-awaited Christmas album, Christmas Day on Planet Earth last November to much praise and critical acclaim along with the formation of his new band – including partner and Acadian star Patricia Richard, multi-instrumental phenom Keelin Wedge, and piano marvel Julien Robichaud – this show promises to be the best one yet!
Over the years, PEI born, and bilingual artist Gallant has won a host of awards and nominations, including JUNOS, Canadian Folk Music Awards and 19 East Coast Music Awards. His music transcends boundaries, and he has written and performed in folk, rock, Americana, and Acadian genres. He has recorded 14 albums of original songs, 11 in English and three in French.
JOHN PRINCE & A PIECE OF THE ROCK
Offering a diverse mix of traditional, maritime, folk and blue grass music, this group of talented musicians, John Prince, Bruce McDaniel, Joe Sexton and Donny Wood has been entertaining enthusiastic audiences throughout Ontario and the Maritimes and beyond for many years both individually and as members of “John Prince & A Piece of the Rock”.
Their strong vocal harmonies and lyrical melodies as they perform old favourites and original compositions, present a memorable musical experience that leaves audiences yearning for more.