Lennie Gallant – The Innkeeper’s Christmas
- Friday, Nov. 25, 2022
- 8 p.m., doors open at 7:15 p.m
- Newmarket Legion, 707 Srigley St.
- Tickets: $40
3 WAYS TO PAY
- Ticketscene* – purchase online by credit card
- Etransfer to email@example.com – please include your email address in the comment box (no password/security answer is required)
- Phone Patty McLaughlin at 705.431.7182 to pay by credit card
- * Please note we’re no longer using Brown Paper Tickets and selling tickets through Ticketscene, a Canadian-owned online ticketing and event promotion platform based in Kitchener.
East Coast singer-songwriter and multi award-winning entertainer Lennie Gallant brings The Innkeeper’s Christmas 2022, a holiday favourite full of his original seasonal songs, Gallant classics, captivating stories, and enchanting visuals in a multimedia presentation to the Newmarket Folk Society stage on Nov. 25.
For several years, Gallant has performed new editions of The Innkeeper’s Christmas in Atlantic Canada to sold out crowds. With the release of his first and long-awaited Christmas album, Christmas Day on Planet Earth last November to much praise and critical acclaim along with the formation of his new band – including partner and Acadian star Patricia Richard, multi-instrumental phenom Keelin Wedge, and piano marvel Julien Robichaud – this show promises to be the best one yet!
“I’m very excited about taking this show on the road! I have a fabulous and energetic band with me ready to play a Christmas show with a difference! Get in the spirit and join us for a visually rich, fun, and original take on the holiday season. As one of my songs says: I’m Gonna Have a Merry Christmas Even If It Kills Me!” laughs Gallant.
Over the years, PEI born, and bilingual artist Gallant has won a host of awards and nominations, including JUNOS, Canadian Folk Music Awards and 19 East Coast Music Awards. His music transcends boundaries, and he has written and performed in folk, rock, Americana, and Acadian genres. He has recorded 14 albums of original songs, 11 in English and three in French.